The journey has just begun...

Friday 18 February 2011

Conceding defeat

I'm not the kind who likes to put down 2 blog entries at a go, but right now I REALLY need somewhere to put down these thoughts. This year began with a whole new set of spiritual perspectives, but now, the things of the world have risen to the challenge, and for the 1st time, I concede defeat.

I remember a friend told me before that psychology holds the key to all relationships. If you spend enough time with a person, you can read the person's character. Once you achieve that, you'll just have to know how to talk (kind of like sweet-talking) to the person, and you can easily make the person like you. I told him that I'm not like that, I'm used to relating to people based on how my heart tells me to. There have been things that supported either side, but as of now, I'm ready to concede defeat that psychology has won and sincerity has lost.

I admit I can't deny what my friend has said before. I've seen him using it, and it really works! I usually don't understand what's going on until he explains everything to me later. He would explain to me what he knows about the person's character, then tell me how to talk to the person. He's so experienced and familiar with it that he's usually right. Of course, psychology can't really tell you much about God, but I grant that it seems more powerful in understanding people than even the Bible. It's like studying how people think and behave, once you master it, you can influence what people think and how they behave towards you. Which most people will use to their favour, I'm sure.

Feels like this blog entry is rather short, maybe cos my thoughts are still quite raw. Where do I go from here? This definitely won't stop me from reading the Bible, but maybe learning psychology to supplement what I can learn from the Bible about people? The Bible isn't meant to be a book about people; it's a book about God, so what it says about people is much more general and vague. Will this concession be a permanent one? I wish I knew... I guess only time will tell.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home