The journey has just begun...

Friday 4 June 2010

Majestic miracles

I'm now in Vancouver! It's been a pretty interesting trip travelling to so many places haha. And I actually flew over to Vancouver from Toronto, where I saw the Niagara Falls. The time at Niagara was really amazing, and it reminded me of the time at Grand Canyon.

When I went to Grand Canyon, I was feeling rather tired from all the mad rushing on the trip. But I was thinking that Grand Canyon was one of the highlights of the trip, and thus I was hoping it should be memorable. Well, it was more memorable than I could have expected. We stayed over for 1 night and woke up VERY early the next morning to watch the sunrise. We reached the lookout point while the sky was still dark. The sky started brightening quite soon though, and soon the sun was about to appear from behind the landforms.

It was at this time, when the sky was quite lit up but the sun had not appeared yet, that I saw something I didn't expect to see. Above where the sun was rising, there were some rather faint "swirls" of clouds. To my amazement, the cloud swirls form the word (in caps) "GOD"!! I was SOOO amazed to see that! It was rather faint, and I'm not sure who else noticed it, but it stayed there for a short while. I tried taking a photo of it but it was too faint and didn't show up. After a while, the sun started appearing and its bright light made the swirls invisible. But wow, that was a moment to remember for the trip and for my life! :)

I knew that Niagara Falls was another highlight, and I was having high expectations, especially after what I saw at Grand Canyon. Would God do something amazing again? When I came to Niagara Falls, I took a Maid of the Mist ride that went right up to the Falls. That was a really cool experience! :D After that, I went for another attraction called Journey Behind the Falls, which gave us another close-up encounter with the Falls, but this time from the rock instead of the water. I went for it and was asking God for a rainbow. When I went out onto the observation deck, there indeed was a rainbow out there! Yay! However, I read the information posters on the observation deck, and one of the posters said that rainbows appear quite often. Okay... Feeling emboldened by the appearance of the rainbow, I asked God for a 2nd rainbow together with it. Well, I was in for another surprise. I then saw another rainbow, but this was unlike anything I ever saw before. The 2nd rainbow that I saw was a reversed rainbow, still having the arch shape, but violet was on the outside and red was on the inside of the arch!! WOW!! I never ever saw a rainbow like that in my life! When we left the rock tunnel and reached ground level, both rainbows were still there, and I took photos of both rainbows. Wow those 2 rainbows, one of which had its colours reversed, were a sight that I would remember for a LOOOONG time.

My sis asked me how the reversed rainbow was formed, and I gave her an answer which I later realised was wrong. And up to now, I still have NO idea how it can form... Those things I saw were really majestic miracles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home